Alternator regulator on mower, G G L C W terminals, meaning?

Only time I've seen this is on alternators built into the flywheel, etc, where space would be at a premium. Most rely on the alternator cooling fan to keep them cool too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What's the voltage of a '12V' lead acid battery?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

My mental arithemtic isn't what it was! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Depends if it's on charge or not.

Reply to
Chris Green

I tend to calculate car things based on 13.8v.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So has my MD2B marine diesel engine

Reply to
Martin

Anway these translations

Field -- "Feld" generator -- "Generator"

are unlikely to help:-)

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Have you seen the manual here? Although I guess you probably have a paper copy.

In the circuit diagram for current and voltage measurements, the W terminal is labelled '22'. The designation for 22 is "Terminal W for engine-speed measurement". It looks like L is supposed to go to a display panel.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre