Alternatives to white coated hardboard, or should I stay with the same?

Permanent mooring with access for residential use in London? I'm surprised they are not queuing up!

She has a mooring at the St. Pancras marina with car parking but no residential use. The engine overheating you advised on seemed to be some mystery airlock now resolved.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Why doesn't the owner of the mooring simply increase the charges until the queue disappears?

Reply to
GB

True! :-)

I'm not sure it'll look quite as good as new material but you're quite right, it might well be 'easier' in some ways.

Reply to
Chris Green

It's not properly 'residential', though in reality lots of people use it as such. I think even the rules allow you to stay 4 or 5 nights a week without any isuses. That's exactly what my wife did, she had a job in Newham and used the boat as a pleasant and quite comfortable 'flat' for 4 nights a week. At a mooring fee of only £304/month it made a *lot* of sense.

Did I - advise on overheating that is?

Reply to
Chris Green

In message , Chris Green writes

It is a while back. I think she was stuck at Kensal Rise and you offered help.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The 3mm white mdf we use is a finished white. Not a primer, Actually I thin k its not a pure white. Something called Oatmeal i.s.t.r.

Reply to
fred

I suppose she over-heated going uphill to Kensal Rise?

Reply to
GB

I had a thought. Take panels down

get a load of e.g. cloth backed vinyl and cover the old boards in it using PVA and copydex for the edges.

refit panels

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Or, in best Blue Peter tradition, sticky back plastic i.e. Fablon.

Reply to
Graeme

So, that's the sticky-backed plastic. Where do the yoghurt pots come in?

Reply to
GB