Alternatives to stair carpets

Stanner?

Reply to
stvlcnc43

My father slipped on wooden stairs - his own fault, as he was in socks and was rushing about. He went from traing for the '52 Olympic weight-lifting team to permanent slight disability in about a second. I've been a bit nervous about stairs for the last 65 years because of that incident.

Reply to
PeterC

Be a dalek. (Early ones couldn't and later ones didn't need.) Put a paternoster on the other side of the hall. Have a strategically placed trampoline. Install hand and foot holds as a climbing wall up one side of the staircase. Use the painted steel fire escape instead.

Reply to
polygonum

I have a painted one, they get tatty after a while but I've never got round to re-painting it.

Reply to
newshound