Alternative to GG

I've heard it theorised that they give Usenet to new hires to play with. As time passes, these people have less and less background with, or interest in, what is essentially a dying medium. They've never used a real newsreader or followed a group. They don't know the history, or care about it. Hence what is happening.

Reply to
Huge

Sounds like heresay but the principle seems valid. Rather than improving the user experience each iteration of their interface seemed to get worse overall. As you suggest, it seems they increasingly lost site of what was important and became ever more concerned with an inappropriate presentation - and no way for users to retain what they liked of the old ones.

James

Reply to
James Harris

Oops: site -> sight. Must have been thinking of their web site!

James

Reply to
James Harris

Well, if we're going to get picky - hearsay. :P

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Haha - true! Thanks for pointing that out.

It's the keyboard, you know. Must replace it with a new one. ;-)

James

Reply to
James Harris