Alpha cd32 Boiler Oherheat light keeps coming on.

I have a Alpha cd32 Boiler and the boiler random trips with the overheat light. It can be reset and the boiler then works again for a random period.

The boiler has been flushed and new inhibitor added.

Overheat stat has been changed.

I dont beleive there is any air in the exchanger as it sometimes works.

Where can i look next.

thanks

Garry

Reply to
Garry

My first thought was that you have air, is the auto air vent working? Is the temperature sensor OK?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

How old is it as they have a 3 year warranty?

Reply to
anyoneanywhere

The auto air vent is working as i heard the air swoosh out the other day when i had chemically cleaned it.

When you say temp sensor do you mean the hotwater and CH sensors and NOT the Overheat of Flue stats.

I dont have any values to test the temp sensors for resistance, have you any ideas what they should read.

Thanks

Garry

Its 4 years old so out of warrenty.

Reply to
Garry

Just out of interest did Alpha not offer you the two types of extension to the warranty after the free one expired ..One with a service included and one without? Stuart

Reply to
anyoneanywhere

It was fitted when we bought the house.

Ed, do you have any figures for the temp sensor.

garry

Reply to
Garry

I'll send you a manual.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

ide quoted text -

Ed thanks for the manual.

Garry

Reply to
Garry

Update had the boiler man out to fix it. Turns out CD32C has a couple of manufacturing problems.

Spark generator is known to be duff.

Wiring to PCB is known to be incorrect.

The wiring had taken out the overhaet circuit.

All is working okay now.

Garry

Reply to
Garry