Allen key to mount in drill

I'm looking for what is effectively an allen key that's been sawn off so it can be put into a drill chuck but I can't seem to find any online as I'm not sure what these are called, can anyone please advise me on what terms to search with

Reply to
Murmansk

hex bits?

Reply to
Robin

FMurtz

Hex bits? Normally 1/4in drive, and a set comes with an adaptor which fits the drill chuck. You then fit the size you need to that - just like screwdriver bits.

You'll find sets in any decent tool shop, or Ebay.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I wanted something similar - but in particular wanted long reach bits with a ball end (so you can drive them off axis). In the end I picked up a cheap set of keys like:

With the intention of chopping the short bit off with an angle grinder... as it turned out there were actually far better quality than I was expecting, so I kept them as a set! I will get a second set to convert for drill use.

Reply to
John Rumm

"Hex Bit"

Reply to
Tim Watts

They look exactly like the lidl ones a few weeks ago, £5 IIRC. I only bought one set.

Reply to
dennis