All-in-1 laser printers ?

Canons handle that fine.

Reply to
5tft

I can't really comment on HP, but just to be aware that printer companies do change their spots, and there seems to be a race to the bottom in terms of toner lockin. When people say 'I bought an X and it was fine' you should check when X was released - a lot of the DRM lockin stuff has come in relatively recently. Their reputation in the 1990s is neither here nor there, unless buying a used printer of that vintage.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Well if it clogs that fast, then I'd tell the supplier its not fit for purpose and get a refund. What is the point of a printer that won't print if its been left for a few months. I never had issues with HP inkjets, their only issue was that they kept running out of the colours since the tanks were so small in the carts. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

None, that I can see. I bought one years ago for that price (or less) and it's been heavily used. I bought another for a friend and that's still going strong. With cheap toner carts from StinkyInk, or elsewhere, it makes printing fast and almost free - certainly trouble-free. I use a Samsung CLP680ND for colour but the toners are expensive so it only gets used for photos and maps.

Reply to
nothanks

I know what you mean, but (am I correct in this assertion?)....

Drum life for lasers depends on page count plus number of start ups, so if you are barely using it it may well beg for new drums more often than you'd like.

Reply to
R D S

Don't many laser printers incorporate a (small diameter) drum in each toner cartridge? Unless you are refilling cartridges, you'll never reach the end of the drum life.

Reply to
Steve Walker

My Epson also seems to have a random timer to tell me that I'm using non original cartridges but then offers the option to continue anyway :)

Reply to
alan_m

then tells you the printer has come to the end of its life.......due to fake ink

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...