Aldi this Thursday

I reckon pretty well budget price bench drills come from the same Chinese factory.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We don't have a local Aldi but I just bought the Lidl (Parkside) 125mm angle grinder for £19.99, plus two packs of disks for £7. First impressions are that it's rather good, much nicer than their ancient "Power Devil" it's replacing. My Parkside random orbit sander has had a lot of use and hasn't let me down so far.

Reply to
Reentrant

Yes. IMHO, Lidl power tools are head and shoulders above other budget makes at the same sort of price. I expect the same applies to Aldi.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

To answer my own question, I had a look and it claimed to be a 'glaze' but ingredients included polyurethane. The instructions were to apply with a brush but talk about absorption, so I suppose it's more varnish-like.

Theo

Reply to
Theo