ALDI taking now advertising copy from uk.d-i-y?

On sale from tomorrow is the 1200W powercraft router, it's advertised in their flyer (viewable online) with a speech bubble ...

"I just purchased a router and table from Aldi today ... they are both brilliant value"

And attributed to

Oh dear ...

That original post was here in 2007!!

Adrian C

Looks good for the price. I wonder if my dewalt router would fit onto it. Can anyone who owns a router table say if its easy/hard to make up mouldings or architrave. I need some door architrave to match rest of the house and was quoted =A365 for about 8 metres.

Noticed they also have a hefty 2800w shredder next week although I think I'll keep taking green stuff to the dump.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Starling

Does it include the bit about "the dumb instruction manual"?

Perhaps they prompty killed themselves with the router due to the the dumb instruction manual?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You can sometimes rout the edge of a wider board with a hand held router & then rip it to width.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Making architrave is certainly doable, and not too difficult. But, making a specific pattern to match existing is far harder - and a job better suited toi a spindle moulder.

You also need a powerful router (2kW) and some fairly exotic cutters to do interesting stuff without needing loads of passes with intermediate tool changes.

At that price, I would go for it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Or they were an Aldi employee?

Reply to
Lobster

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Bit suspicious, wasn't it?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Go easy on them, lads! They weren't exactly going to quote Andy Hall:

Part timer

You appear to get three featherboards and (hopefully) an NVR switch.

Axminster what look like the same plastic featherboards at 7 quid each!

Andy Dingley