Aldi router table - more!

I've gone and bought one of these; reckon it's worth a go for the amount of routing I'll ever do...

Can anyone else who's bought one of these confirm something for me? On top of the dust extraction facility there are two small, square recesses either side; and between these, on top of the dust hole there is a circular area of plastic which looks like something has been broken off. The blurry Figs 6 and 7 in the manual show the recesses, and that nothing is present in the space concerned. Any clues what this might be for? I don't *think* anything's missing.

Similarly, in the top of the table itself, just below the dust extraction, is a cut-out area with a clearance hole on either side. Also visible in Figss 6 and 7. What's that all about?!

Reply to
Lobster

Is there any square nuts that size with the router bits?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The table extractor recess is for two different types of vaccume cleaner attachments, I have VAC cleaner and it attaches to it with the VAC accessory that came with the vaccume cleaner.