ALDI - Biscuit Jointer

Went is Aldi today ... noticed they have what appears to be a good value Biscuit Jointer ... fully adjustable incl angle use ... 29
If I didn't already have a biscuit jointer blade for my Router I but it.
On 30/06/2012 20:54, Rick Hughes wrote:

Once more with English? ;-)
A biscuit jointer as a dedicated tool is far more useful than a router bit IME. Even on a router table they are still not ideal, and used freehand they are likely to cause all manner of cockups!
--
Cheers,

John.

On 30/06/2012 22:53, John Rumm wrote:

Have to be more careful posting via my phone ... predictive text seems to catch me out too often
"Went to Aldi today ... noticed they have what appears to be a good value Biscuit Jointer ... fully adjustable incl. angle use ... 29
If I didn't already have a biscuit jointer blade for my Router I'd buy it."
I did Goggle on this tool .... they don't have a good reputation for longevity, but people were talking about failures after 300+ biscuits ... think that's my life of jointing covered....
On 02/07/2012 18:26, Rick Hughes wrote:

300 is not many - in terms of run time on the machine. Although the repeated stop start if probably hard on brushes.
The main thing to watch for is accuracy of the fence, and making sure it is *absolutely* parallel to the blade. My Ferm one has two hand knobs to tighten each side of the fence height adjustment mechanism, If you are not careful it is very easy to end up with it slipping a little out of true when you do one up.
--
Cheers,

John.

Don't they have a three year warranty? The cordless multi-tool I've just bought from Aldi has - so I've stapled the receipt to the instruction book.
I've not much experience of Aldi tools, but Lidl stuff seems well up to heavy DIY use.
--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

On Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:24:27 AM UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Years ago when Black and Decker took over Elu and re-branded it as deWalt we tried one of their new deWalt biscuit jointers. The angle markings on the fence were just slashes of red paint applied haphazardly, so much for accuracy, but the real problem was that the blade was not parallel with the base, a primary requirement for any biscuit joiner. The replacement was every bit as bad. Fecked it back and got a blue Bosch. Streets ahead. I do still lust after the Lamello. Real quality.
Paul Mc Cann
On 03/07/2012 11:45, fred wrote:

I think if I were forking out that much for a jointer, I might be tempted by the Festool Domino system these days...
--
Cheers,

John.

On 03/07/2012 14:32, John Rumm wrote:

Not a really fair comparison to this 29 unit .... but good point about checking blade .. I'll give it a look see.
On 03/07/2012 18:29, Rick Hughes wrote:

yup, blade to base, and blade to fence are the key bits that must be parallel.
--
Cheers,

John.

Yep .... I went and bought one last night 3Yr warranty and a set of spare brushes.