Airlock in hot water pipes

After using a lot of hot water, the pipes have run dry. There was a gurgle and then a hiss like air being sucked in - then the hot water went off.

The hot tap works in the kitchen downstairs, it's just the bathroom taps that don't.

I left them alone for an hour or two then turned the sink tap on again. There was a weak flow of water then it went off. Same with the bath.

I don't have a hosepipe to try the trick of forcing water up from the kitchen cold tap, nor do I have any plumber's tools.

Any suggestions, other than call a plumber?

Reply to
Bill

Neil

Do you have a plumbed in washing machine? If so the hoses on this can be used to connect between hot and cold supply. Assuming you have a cold water tank in the loft with an overflowpipe, connect hot and cold, open washing machine valves ubtil overflow runs, then open hot taps one at a time until all flow. turn off machine machine valves. Job done - or should be!

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Since nobody else has mentioned it if you have a mixer on the bath then you simply hold your hand over the spout and turn both h&C on full and keep holding for about a minute. Release your hand turn off the cold and the hot should splutter to full flow.

Reply to
Ed Sirett