Agricultural Trailer Renovation Project anyone? (East Yorkshire)

;>)

Reply to
Jimk

So that's not yours on eBay then? Rriigghhtt....

Reply to
Jimk

I've been using an old Weekes two wheel tipping trailer for many years to collect horsemuck and have it taken away by a local farmer. It's been patched up and kept going a few times but the tipping deck has finally given up the ghost. The chassis, wheels and ram are still decent but I have put another old trailer into service and the Weekes is surplus to requirements. It might make an interesting project for someone to restore it and take to shows with restored tractors. Anybody interested?

Reply to
Cynic

Is it as shagged-out as this one?

Andy Burns

My local brewery had been using one much worse than that for collection of spent grain. Unfortunately it has just been replaced by a new system, and I don't seem to have a picture. The phrase "held together by rust" always seemed appropriate to me, although to be fair it must have had some integrity because it regularly shifted a ton or more of grain.

Reply to
newshound

I love the "used condition" - no, surely not!

Reply to
PeterC

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, Cynic snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Don't know about showing but, for highway use, agricultural trailers are required to have brakes in working order. Particularly a functional handbrake.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The David Brown 25D that I learned to 'drive' on, didn't have any functioning brakes at all (full of mud, cow-shit and seized up).

Reply to
Andrew

Regarding the photo of a rusty trailer, mine is much worse. As I said it's a restoration project so shit comments about brakes are irrelevant even if it makes the poster feel good. It's worth a bit as scrap but if someone wants a challenge please get in touch.

Reply to
Cynic

We had a Cropmaster! Side by side seating. ISTR the brake and clutch pedals were both on the right hand side. Good tractor for a small farm. I first drove a pre-war Standard with spiked wheels.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, Cynic snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Touchy? I'm not trying to spoil your sale. Just pointing up facts not generally known.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I've often thought a boxed container like that would be a crowd puller at a car boot sale, high sides so that folks can't help but walking to and having a peer in, and the rest following like sheep?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Are you sure about that?

Look at the other photos of the trailer..........

Reply to
ARW