after changing kitchen mixer tap hot water just a trickle

A tap rated at 0.5 bar minimum is not going to work in your average house gravity system unless the tank is around 2.5 m above the tap. (unlikely). It's intended for a mains pressure hot water system.

Reply to
harry

0.5 bar is ~5m, not 2.5m

In a traditional 2 storey house, if you stick the cold tank on a platform in the loft, then its just about doable. Easier in a Victorian place with tall ceilings.

Reply to
John Rumm

thanks john, yes my ceiling is not very high. the CWC is at the highest point possible upstairs.... not high enough it seems. the replacement tap arrives tomorrow it has a rating of 0.1 bar, which should be the minimum i have. the modern tap ( rated at 0.5 bar ) gave me 1.9 liters per minute. i will get 4-8 liters per minute with the replacement tap ordered. they published a chart. i shall post results next week when it is fitted. thanks again. zk

Reply to
zvonko kracun

Getting good performance from low pressure systems takes a bit of work, not only the right choice of taps etc, but also large bore pipes (i.e.

22mm minimum) in simple runs with as few sharp bends as possible.
Reply to
John Rumm

I learned water pressure in feet. 32 ft = 1 bar. which equals 9.65m.

Reply to
charles

I've not found it necessary to go to that extreme, gravity hot plumbing is in 22mm as far as the bath tap, then drops to 15mm for the bathroom basin, and down to kitchen sink and washing machine point.

For the shower I did fit extra 22mm flange from hot tank all with nice swept curves to feed pump

Reply to
Andy Burns

This is the water tank almost immediately opposite where I am at the moment.

It is a less decorative copy of this main tank in the centre of the city

Although both are enormous and hold enough water between them for the needs of of the city they are nowhere near as tall as many of the surrounding buildings so nearly everybody has their water pumped up to the roof and gravity feed from there.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell