Aerial connections to AV stuff

I have just helped out someone by building up a flatpack TV cabinet.

When I came to move the kit across there was obviously some redundant cables as she had ditched Cable for Sky.

The TV has HDMI and 2 SCARTS.

The DVD Player and the Sky boy both had Aerial input / output connections. I have assumed they are just loop throughs and have ignored them and plugged the aerial directly into the TV for Freeview.

Am I missing anything?

There was also an audio pair which I couldn't see a need for - they may have been from a Wii - it seemed to make no difference if they were plugged into the TV / and Sky box or not.

Reply to
John

Sure the DVD player was not also a recorder? The sky box includes a modulator and can output the currently tuned channel to a remote TV via the aerial out. However its not required if all you are doing is feeding the local set.

Reply to
John Rumm