Advice on recent insulation

I got the free loft insulation 2 years ago, the foot deep stuff on the attic floor, however I have been in recent communication with the supplier as I also have insulation on the underside of the roof, and as the idea is not to keep heat in the roof space they have agreed to take out the insulation attached to the underside of the roof to ensure no dampness occurs at a later stage and to increase ventilation. They admit that they should not have put the floor insulation down when there was already roof insulation in place.

Is this the correct thing to do or anything I should be aware of.

Reply to
ss

You need to confirm if you have warm roof or cold roof construction. what is key is if the roofing felt (assuming tiled) is permeable or not.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

From what I can gather speaking to neighbours the house was constructed as a `cold roof` One neighbour done a lot of house construction so I presume he is correct, therefore it appears the insulation was added to the underside of the roof at a later date. None of the other (similar) houses have under roof insulation. I will go ahead and let them remove the roof insulation.

Reply to