Advice for Pirates

Ok if you expect the state to look after you in old age.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why should anyone have a phobia about that? Millions of people shop in Tesco and Asda precisely because they think goods are cheaper there than in other places.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is that why other supermarkets do the same?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I know, but the remark was in response to Mr Hall who is somewhat renowned for not patronising the cheapy shops.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you not noticed the difference in the customers between Sainsbury/Tesco and ASDA? And then even more so Lidl, etc?

Doesn't bother me since I'm probably a chav at heart, but I can see it bothering some others.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Apparently it was a particular feature of Kwik Save - even in buildings where there was no reason to paint out the windows they did. Many other places have the windows obscured but that's usually because it's not attractive to look at the backs of shelves.

Reply to
Guy King

I suspect that product shelving is far more important than who can see who's shopping.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Sorry, I don't see his posts :-) ISTR though that he's always banging on about the cost of things, trying to save money on one hand and make more from customers on the other ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

New glasses needed?

It's called business......

It's far better to provide customers with good products and services in exchange for fair payment in order to be able to do that, than to provide poor products and no service because the price is the fundamental issue. The first is a sustainable model, the second is not for either supplier or customer.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I notice Lidl is selling remote control mains socket thingies for a tenner soon. Same things are selling on eBay for in some cases £23. I'm tempted to buy a heap and flog 'em on ebay.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Possibly, but the ex board member from Kwik Save interviewed on R4 some years ago said it was so people could shop there and not be embarassed by neighbours seeing them.

Reply to
Guy King

Ah well, it must be true if it you heard it on the BBC :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'd say window dressing is an expensive and unnecessary thing for a supermarket. So why have conventional shop windows?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sliced bread

Reply to
dcbwhaley

Ever walked around a French supermarket and looked at the presentation of fresh vegetables and fish?

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

There is one god and Reith is his name.

Reply to
Guy King

But are they in the window?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And bloody John Humphrys the prophet.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh no.... Superb displays in prime positions inside.

Window displays are for smaller shops, I feel, but this does not mean supermarkets have an excuse to do poor displays of poor products stacked in boxes. That's the place of Costco and the like.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Speaking of which, what did ducks eat before bread was invented?

Reply to
Mathew Newton