Adjusting an atomizer circuit

I've bought an atomizer circuit and "speaker", which appears to want a water depth of 1cm. However the tank/valve I have produces 2cm depth. Is there a way to change the electronics to make it vibrate water into vapour at a greater depth?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This is 25W, a 1 inch transducer. The same as the thing I replaced. But it refuses to atomize through that depth of water. The old one did (although it did burn out after 9 months). How do you suggest I increase the power? And should I be looking at a higher power or a higher frequency?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Are you sure the transducer isn't focused?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I have no idea how that would work. There's nothing special about it that I can see, just a 1 inch metal transducer. Similar circuit powering it as the original humidifier. It's this:

Commander Kinsey

May be wrong frequency, I see they have 2.4MHz and 105Khz drivers.

Reply to
Jon

"They" as in the seller? I can't see those. Which one do I have and where do I get the other?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So, you wanted to nudge me into not using what I was asking about how to make work. Not very helpful are you?

And it's spelled behaviour, with a U. American isn't a language.

And you're the one that edited my subject to some bollocks or other. I'm guessing you're a troll and I should engage my killfile?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Remind us, who was the idiot who posted to non-uk newsgroups?

The only troll here is one who's too lazy to work and seeks attention.

Reply to
Fredxx

What's wrong with posting to non-uk newsgroups? Do you think US citizens don't use humidifiers?

Too ill to work.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It is only wrong if you criticise spelling indigenous to another country.

That is what lazy people claim.

Reply to
Fredxx

"Commandless Kinsey" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.lan:

Increase the amplitude of the exitation signal, dippity doo dah.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Phil Hobbs snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

Are not piezo wafers all quite flat?

It could be frequency tuned to respond best at a specific depth.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"Commander Kinsey" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.lan:

And here, you go off the f****ng rails again.

You deserve ZERO assistance on anything other than a path to a grave.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

"Commander Kinsey" snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ryzen.lan:

Are you really so stupid that you cannot grasp that he was referring to your inane Us English remark?

It is a rhetorical question. I am sure you are just a f****ng joy to those other groups' readers as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Focused transducers are pretty common in applications--dunno if they're used in super low-end stuff like vapourizers.

Cranking up the power doesn't help so much if you're just causing cavitation at a submerged acoustic focus.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, he's not that bright. Most people killfile him.

His genuine name isn't Peter Hucker for nothing.

Reply to
Fredxx

The language is English, it's only indigenous to England.

Just because the "science" we call medicine can't name and cure a disease doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Commander Kinsey

amdx snipped-for-privacy@knology.net wrote in news:t3599h$d1a$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I also made a Piezo stack stimulator amplifier which was 2kW and was

20Hz to 20kHz range. The output included a HUGE coil in a huge ferrite core pair. Those were fun to wind. It had an 18 inch long heat sink for the row of drivers it had on it. Have to mount them all, and THEN solder the heavy legs to keep it all coplanar to the sink. It also had two 2kVA transformers sitting in the bottom of the cabinet.

It drove a stack of Piezo chips about 30mm in diameter and a hundred tall (4 inches) for a total deflection of just over one millimeter, which we doubled with a 2:1 rocker arm which drove a presicion lathe cutting tool. That coupled with a feedback loop on the lathe allowed for optical quality surfaces and it was used to cut perfect 'molds' for 1 inch diameter contact lenses for race horses.

That was a fun development.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sounds like it could be used to prevent cavitation on propellers for subs. Shame though that it is acoustic. Like raising a flag (or firing up a boom box) saying "Here I am!"