OT senior moment

I already had a cable coming through into the kitchen via hole in one wall and then running the complete length of the kitchen in trunking attached to the wall which was under the kitchen floor units so around 6 inches of access at floor level . The cable then went through a hole in the opposite wall.

I needed to run an additional cable via the same route. Getting the cable through the first hole and along the length of the trunking was a bit of a faf but achieved relatively easily.

Getting the cable through the second hole was problematic. The hole was positioned behind one of the legs of the floor unit and possibly too small for two cables. Laying on the floor in the most awkward position and half feeling, rather than seeing, I tried to feed the new cable through the existing hole with a couple of inches or so of free space between the leg and the wall. Around half an hour later I gave up to have a break and a cup of coffee. As I got down to lay on the floor to try again ?.

Drilling a new hole next to the first and feeding the cable through took less than 5 minutes.

Reply to
alan_m

Hopefully not drilling through the existing cable :-)

(DAMHIK)

Reply to
John Rumm