Adhesive for UPVC sheets

I'm refurbishing a shower. I've stripped off the old tiles and as th

walls are studded, the plasterboard went with them! I decided to repac the tiles with UPVC sheet on an MDF backing.

So far all is going well, but I have to decide how to stick the UPVC t the 12.5mm MDF board. My thoughts are to use 'no-nails' as an adhesiv but am not sure how long it will take to set and how long it remain 'workable'.

Has anyone done a similar excercise and can give me advice, or is ther a better way

-- pebe

Reply to
pebe

I've done it with gripfill (same/similar stuff)

Takes long enough to grip you'll get tired having to hold the stuff up if it's not self-supporting!

Reply to
John Stumbles

the use of mdf in a wet area is not a good idea,use a product like aqua panel or hardibacker then a silicone based adhesive

Reply to
Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex. However, the MDF is already installed so don't feel inclined to change it for aqua panel. I'm pretty sure I ca make a good job of waterproofing the UPVC sheeting with silico sealant.

Thanks John, someone on another forum has also suggested that I us Gripfill, so I thing I'll go with that

-- pebe

Reply to
pebe