Additional tap for unsoftened water?

As part of a major refurb I'm planning to install a water softener that will provide softened water to all the existing hot/cold taps, but I want to add a tap for unsoftened water in a few places (kitchen, bathroom, ensuite). I'd prefer not to change the existing basins and taps because they're in keeping with the (30s) house so I need to add an additional tap, somehow, at these locations - the question is ... how?

Reply to
nomail

same way they were always done, mounted on the wall.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

REaly dont bother.

Its fime to drink softened water.

If you are that fussy, all those extra taps anmd plumbing buys a lot of bottled water.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

but it makes horrible tea.

i wouldn't use softened water in the garden, either.

Reply to
charles

I think it's generally agreed that adding extra taps other than by the kitchen sink is overkill. You're not going to be drinking significant quantities of water from other taps (or can at least easily avoid doing so).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

There seems to be conflicting advice/opinion about the sodium levels in softened water for the general population, but advice for elderly and babies seems to be not to drink it. It seems daft to do a lot of work on a house and not make provision for hard water for those that might want it in the future ... it's not much more work or cost. Regardless of all that - I prefer the taste of hard water.

Reply to
nomail

I agree. The garden taps are straight off the water incomer, plus I plan to get a pump into the well for irrigation.

Reply to
nomail

So's ours and as part of the current refurb we'll be putting a hard-water tap in the kitchen. But it will be filtered.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Replace the cold taps with mixer taps fed from both colds and select the required hardness.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

But do you need one everywhere? If its drinking water then surely only the Kitchen? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The actual amount of sodium in a pint of softened water is in most cases less than you get from eating half a packet of crisps.

It really isnt an issue.

Taste is.

And that's personal. I rather like the taste myself.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

LOL!

Reply to