Adding soil pipe elbow rodding point

Is there a way to add a rodding point to an existing soil pipe elbow? Eg drill a 40mm hole in the corner and put some sort of cap in the hole. The existing rodding point is on a stright section so close to the ground that I can't get a rodding rod upwards from it.

The alternative is trying to break up a lot of very tight pipework in order to replace the elbow with a rodding elbow.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

"Break up" pottery pipes rather than plastic?

If plastic cut through with hacksaw away from the elbow, rpelace that with a rodding type and use a slip coupler to remake the pipework at the cut.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The elbow is half embedded in the wall and digging it out and removing the elbow is likely to pull the horizontal run of pipework out with it.

The current problem, though, is I can't find anybody locally who sells /grey/ soil pipe any more. I don't really want to replace the whole lot with black.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Well, I made the mistake of driving around the stores on a Tuesday and finding a lot of them closed because some pensioner in London was having a knees-up.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

They did put on a free bus and ponchos for some unemployed people as well.

I just realised it was Wednesday today when the bin lorry went past and I wondered why it was a day early.

Owain

Reply to
Owain