Broken rodding point

I was re-laying some paving flags today and was removing a root of a Berber is to discover under the root work and a pile of soil and gravel this

The broken stub of pipe sticking up should have been a rodding point as in this example except it was all in bits with the metal plate lying on top.

0

I need to replace the cover somehow as the drain is venting straight from t he sewer. The internal diam. is approx. 100mm (4") whilst the outside is ap prox. 130mm neither of which matches current plastic piping. I do not want to have to remove the whole drain so I was thinking of replacing the origin al cover with this.

Secured onto the stub of pipe with one of these

This would then be held in place with a concrete or mortar surround. Anybod y think this is OK or can suggest an alternative that does not include remo ving the entire drain and mending it with a new one?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky