A plumber speaks....

Posted without comment.....

From: steve robinson Subject: Re: Repairing rust on a panel. Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:25 Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.maintenance

>> It may be now for potable water. But you can still used leaded > >> stuff for heating, etc. > > > > Not if its exposed or is accessable . > > > > They certainly dont like it in the new heating systems , they run > > alot hotter and because of the galvanic action. > > Like how? The temperatures on the water circuits of a modern > condensing boiler are lower than that of the non condensing boilers > previously used. > > Flow temperatures have dropped from 80deg C to about 70 and return > temperatures from 60 deg C to around 45 -55

Not all boilers installed are condensing units

The boilers i have had fitted run a dam site hotter than the older boilers

One of the reasons we have pressurised systems now is to prevent boil off causing air to enter the system , causing cavitation and rust

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But most new boilers are condensing and should opereate at a lower temperatue and there are plenty of unsealed sytems still installed (I assume he meant sealed not pressurised systems).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'd say it's because we don't have to faff around installing a tank in the attic with associated F&E, supply & overflow pipework. Keeping down air ingress to the system and consequent corrosion, and not having kettling where you get boiling in hot-spots in the boiler due to the low pressure in the system, are bonuses.

Reply to
YAPH

So you mean lazy then:-)

Reply to