A nice politically correct building site

Reminds me of the incomer to East Anglia who objected to being referred to as "boy" (pronounced roughly "boor") until he worked out that you only ceased to be a "boy" when you were sufficiently mature to be an "old boy".

Reply to
Martin Bonner

One problem I had in the juniors was that Wright rhymes with s**te.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You think *you* had problems...

Reply to
Bob Eager

That's a bit catty. Plowman? Meow-man?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

There was a lad in our class called Tim Hunt. Other less amusing nicknames were Panda (P Hand), Spider (Balwajeter) Honk (Czewioknka) Nazi (a German boy), Hound (Terry Baskerville), Lard (a fat boy), Jibber (a boy with the initials JIB), and Boz (a boy with a squint.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Latest jibe used by 9 year old granddaughter & mates;

WMW.

Work that one out :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We did think about this when naming our daughters, and avoided names beginning with C, K, or S. Surname being Lang.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

s**te.

Quite... and from the age of about 7 wore glasses.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Good on you for thinking, our family are pretty good but my sister, Marion Rosemary, had trouble with Dad opening her post for a while.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes but I was playing for groans not laughs.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright