A new Shed!

Hi all,
I have now got permission and financial approval to replace my existing shed/office with a new model. The new one (8m x 3.6m) will be built with a small dwarf brick wall (4 courses), followed by stud construction above this (plasterboard, insulation, sterling board, building paper, cladding, etc), with a raised timber floor. My first question (and I'm sure there will be many more!), is how to lay out the dwarf wall. Do I go for a double skin wall, with cavity fill, and then step in the studwork frame, or is there no real benefit in doing this, and just go for a single wall? If I go for the double skin, should I build the studwork part on top of the inner, the outer, or straddle it? I like the look of one that I saw recently, which had 'bevel edge' bricks around the top of the outer wall, leading into the studwork frame above it.
Failing that, any good sites to take a look at? Google 'Shed construction' brings up an awful lot!
Thanks
Gary

I would use blocks rather than bricks as it is quicker and cheaper. I would use a 100 mm block single leaf which should give you enuff room to construct your framing straight off this. You will need to incorporate a DPC somewhere to stop any rising damp.
Space_Cowby wrote:

Trouble is with a single block/brick and DPC - you can stop the damp rising, but driving rain will ultimately push water THROUGH the blocks/bricks above the DPC level.
I would advise building a double skin (either brick or block) and then build the frame on the outer skin - using some sort of a sill with a DPC under this as well - albeit timber, concrete, brick etc.
Brian G

I was thinking of blovkwork, DPC and then wall plate type. Then building frame off this.

Over to Si ...
--
geoff