A bit off topic, stabling

But might become part of a project ...

Does anybody have an idea how much one would expect to charge for stabling a horse in and around Shropshire ?

Stable and pasturing only, the owner looks after their own animal

Reply to
geoff

No idea I am afraid but I think some people might call that sort of thing diy livery rather than stabling.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

ask on uk.rec-equestrian

Reply to
cynic

I'm out of touch with prices nowadays but you might try asking on the uk.rec.equestrian newsgroup, it's pretty quiet there but there are a few people still lurking and your question will probably get answered.

Reply to
tinnews

In message , geoff writes

I have no idea about Shropshire but I charge 25ukp/wk. for a 12'x12' box and grazing. Bedding straw is thrown in free as, strictly, I should charge VAT. Uniform business rate (if you get rated) has been about

150ukp/box/year.

Poo picking and routine worming is crucial and must be part of any agreement otherwise you will need to rotate the grazing and harrow.

Sight of horse passport prior to acceptance is wise. Manure clamping and removal from site is a consideration. I do it free here as I have the tackle and a use.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

stabbing a horse, you say...?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yup - that's the cookie

cheers

Reply to
geoff

a load of places to enquire.

Are you "Doing" the livery or asking how much you'll need to pay ?

Reply to
Me Here

I read it as 'stabbing' as well :-)

Since Geoff was the OP it didn't surprise me for some reason :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , Me Here writes

I'm looking at buying a small holding which has stables - so, provider

Reply to
geoff

I have had good reports of "The Happy Holiday Homes For Pets Pie Co. Ltd"

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I seem to remember that was in Portsmouth, a bit far from Shropshire.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Can give some advice off group nthkentman at gmail dot com if you like to email

Reply to
Me Here