50mm waste pipe?

Hi,

I need to Tee in to the main soil stack for our new shower waste which is 50mm. What the best method of doing this as the boss connectors and straps Ive been able to find so far will only accommodate 40mm?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

"Matthew" wrote

TheScullster

BES sell a 50mm boss adapter

page 136 (under plumbing/soil & vent pipe fixings) suitable strap bosses on page 135

Reply to
Dave Osborne

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Matthew saying something like:

You could cut a 50+mm hole in the side of the stack, insert the 50mm pipe by an inch and plaster around it with epoxy, if that will stick to the PVC or whatever it's actually made of. Rough as hell, though. Are you sure you can't find 50mm fittings? There are some around.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Matthew coughed up some electrons that declared:

You don't need epoxy or strap on bosses.

I've just done this very deed.

For a wide range of 50mm solvent stuff, where I got mine:

the final junction to certainly a Floplast (and probably Hunter) boss:

sell the same for the 40 and 32mm.

Bit of silicone spray or fairy liquid to help the 50mm pipe in and you're good.

Reply to
Tim S

Thanks for the tips I will be able to sort it out now Im sure.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Matthew coughed up some electrons that declared:

Here's mine (oh-err!):

boss rubbers you see straight on are 40mm. The ones to the right are

50mm. The main boss is available in black, grey, maybe brown and sometimes white.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S