40 and 50mm waste pipe clips - flush fit?

Hi,

Getting near to running my waste pipes. I just noticed that all the pipe clips for ABS waste seem to be designed to stand the pipe off the wall a good 15-20mm.

As I'm battening out the entire wall in that area (long airing cupboard) to carry an infinite amount of copper pipe (easier to batten then clip to the wood) can you get simple saddle clips that just hold the pipe against whatever the clip is fixed to? Joints etc would occur between battens.

Of course I can fit the clips between battens, but that's defeatist!

I've googled on and off for a week but can't find anythign :(

Something like this but bigger:

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

> Ta

I needed to do the same thing behind some kitchen units, I made some out of the steel band they put around packing cases or palletised things. It was ideal, about half inch wide say half mm thick and easily bent in a vice and also easy to drill. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

Donwill coughed up some electrons that declared:

Ah the DIY solution. Sounds like a job for a bit of brass strip then (don;t have steel band to hand). I'll do it that way :)

Thanks for the idea!

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

You can get perforate galvanised steel strip sold as builder's band from screwfix. Useful for all sorts of things.

Reply to
John Stumbles

John Stumbles coughed up some electrons that declared:

- that'll do. Thanks John :)

Saves the drilling and it's cheaper.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

May be as stupid idea but, if it won't be seen, what about a cable tie? Could be mounted through a staple or something....

Reply to
GMM

Tim S presented the following explanation :

> Ta

WF Electrical sell 'All Round Band' like a continuous strip of figure of 8's or a plastic covered metal strip with holes in it. Cut off however long a piece of it you need to make the saddles.

Someone mentioned the steel band used around packing cases - Probably just as good and much easier to drill the none metallic strip used for a similar purpose.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield