4 pin male connector

I'm trying to identify a male connector for a GSM device. It looks like a square Molex and has a clip on the top but the plug end is only 5mm square.

I wonder if it could be an ATX 4 pin male plug but don't have a power supply to measure, can anyone say what size the ATX plug is?

Reply to
news

I'm trying to identify a male connector for a GSM device. It looks like a square Molex and has a clip on the top but the plug end is only 5mm square.

I wonder if it could be an ATX 4 pin male plug but don't have a power supply to measure, can anyone say what size the ATX plug is?

A pic might be useful as would looking on Farnell or RS Site

Reply to
Nthkentman

The type that fit Wavecom/Wismo GPRS modems by any chance?

Andy Burns

Yes that looks like the plug, the firm on the link seems a bit anonymous and neither CPS nor RS seem to list these, I'd like to buy a couple wired with tails.

AJH

Reply to
news

Can't see many made-up leads, farnell sell the microfit plugs & crimp pins

Does this site also trigger your "never heard of them" spidey sense?

Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, either of those pigtails would suit me, I'd prefer to spend the 2x 10 euros than try and crimp them myself but it looks like they won't ship to UK.

I have a mate that commutes to Holland on a weekly basis and may ask him to bring them back.

Failing that I will search the farnell site again

AJH

Reply to
news