3D pictures for blind people

I can't find where I mentioned this before, but you all ignored my comment. Now someone has invented my idea:

A picture can be shown as a 3D object, sort of like Braille.

Reply to
Matty F

Um, a "picture" is generally 2D so I'm not sure that this will aid blind folk. 3D objects can be appreciated by the blind without having to be rendered digitally first.

It's intriguing, but I think it's still at the "solution looking for a problem" stage.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Well I don't know about that. After all, we do not all read braille very well. I don't recall your original post. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A device for reading text using vibrating pins was made long ago:

I saw (and tried) one in the 1970s.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

I was thinking that if a photo of a person's face should be shown as 3D, a completely blind person could get some idea of what the face looked like. I think the original picture should be a 3D one, i.e. two pictures taken some distance apart.

Reply to
Matty F