37" LCD - in a plasterboard wall?

snip

Folks that know ( posture people) say that the TV should be slightly lower than eye-level when viewed from the seated vowing position - that way the head is tilted slightly forward rather than being pulled up by tense neck muscles. I agree that a lot of promo literature and 'interior design consultants' depict a less than optimal height.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Mike Dodd wrote in news:45941ec7.0@entanet:

My neighbour has put his screen at standing eye-level, whilst mine is on a low unit.

I cannot watch his TV for more than 15 minutes before getting neck strain - his wife much prefers our lower level screen!

Terry W

Reply to
Terry W.

Really. "I vow vengeance" and all that?

"Again do I vow vengeance; again do I devote thee, miserable fiend, to torture and death. Never will I omit my search, until he or I perish "

Altogether a bit scary, sooner you than me. 8-(

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

People near me have the larger ones positioned where the neighbours can best see them now they have lost the ability to close the curtains. Can't wait for all the "Must have one whilst it is new" people to buy them so that the prices come down and I can justify (not afford) one.

Reply to
John

My house (1971 vintage) is full of this type of wall (Paramount boards, I think they're called) and they are surprisingly strong. I have a row of kitchen cabinets mounted on one wall. The walls are fixed to floor and ceiling on battens that exactly fit the gap between the two plasterboard skins and are simply nailed in place. If you can get access from above (fairly easy from the loft for upstairs walls), then you simply drill a suitable hole in the top batten (if it exists - the upstairs walls in our house are sometimes held in place by the adjoining ceiling plasterboard!), get a length of broomstick or similar and ram this down a column of the eggbox cardboard and run the cables down. You can also insert wooden battens and screw through the plasterboard into the batten and this will support quite heavy loads. Sometimes the walls run right under a joist and this makes things a bit tricky! I would imagine cutting away part of one of the plasterboard skins would weaken the wall considerably apart from any ventialtion issues.

John Miller

Reply to
John Miller

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Derek Geldard saying something like:

More like, "I vow never to watch this s**te again."

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon