Wall mountable LCD TV

Can someone recommend a good wall-mountable 17" or 19" LCD TV under $500? Its hard to find one since the specs don't always say whether they are wall mountable. I almost made a huge mistake with the Westinghouse 19".

Main items are .. 1024i HDTV compatible, TV tuner built-in and good to decent speakers. RF/Coax input a plus!

Thanks!

Reply to
Pol

I don't know of ANY LCD TV's that are designed for wall mounting.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Pretty much any of them can be wall mounted. It's one of their biggest features. There are innumerable brackets available and they're not drilling into the back of the TV to attach the brackets. Those holes are there for a reason.

Westinghouse:

Not all manufacturer's offer the brackets but there are plenty of 3rd party universal brackets available.

RicodJour

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

and

BobK207

Pol,

If you mean the Westinghouse LTV-19W3, it is a nice tv but it has no wall mount holes in the back. Does any one have recommendations for Gerry rigging this? Its a nice tv for the money.

The users on the amazon website specifically say that it has not mount holes in the back.

"I may be wrong but from looking at the back, I don't believe this unit is VESA compliant. Wall mounting it may be difficult. This is a bit of a let-down being as I can't imagine putting four appropriately place screw holes on the back raises the manufacturing costs significantly."

The Westinghouse website also says that it does not support wall mounting. idiotic..

Reply to
J Huntley Palmer