2nd attempt - Hole to put hose in Options

Hi All,

Sorry if my original post was not clear..... I thought I would have a second stab at it....

Essentially, I am looking to fit a douche kit such as

a kitchen unit. Rather than make it wall mounted (as shown in the piccie), I would like to have the bottom of the handset fit into a hole in the shelf to make it easier to get at.

The problem is that the hose will rub against the chipboard and also look a bit untidy so was thinking of something (preferably chrome) that would finish the hole off and support the handset in the upright postion.

Hopefully this is a bit clearer?

Sorry for the confusion

thanks

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

marginally. The link's dead. Edges of veneered chipboard are generally finished using melamine tape applied with an iron, not sure it would bend enough to line a hole though. I dont know why you're not giving clearer info on the hole.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

inside a kitchen unit. Rather than make it wall mounted (as shown in

Why not buy a surface mounted sink sprayer?

Reply to
TMC

So, basically, you want to use a device that is designed to wash your arse, to fill you kettle!?

From your previous post, and this one, am I right in thinking you want to install this thing away from your kitchen sink, so you can fill the kettle without taking the kettle to the sink?

If so, you will need something that is suitable for drinking water, the item you linked to was for the bathroom, so probably isn't (but I may be wrong here)

If my assumptions are correct, how far is the kettle normally from the existing tap in the Kitchen?

Reply to
Toby

May be this or something similar?

F Murtz

If that did not work see if this does.

F Murtz

>I give in. It is a sink mixer with a pull out spout.

Reply to
F Murtz

Look for a specific kitchen worktop mounted version - they come with the mounting base. Something like

andrew

I think you must be viewing through Google Groups. If you look at the URL it is directing you to, you will see a bit of gash Google code before the real URL in the URL Window. Delete this and bingo.

John

Reply to
JohnW

Andrew - the kitchen version looks perfect thanks and as Toby highlights, it is not designed to wash my arse!!!! The reason I couldn't go for a standard tap is

  1. they aren't high enough to fit the kettle under without mounting it on something
  2. I wanted it to automatically switch off to prevent the temptation to start filling the kettle, close the cupboard door to do something else and forget about it....

Harry - I had exactly the same thought re: the pipe collar but didn't have a solution for lining the hole but it would have been my fall back option - thanks.

Thanks all...

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

That worked. Well, time for a change of plan. Water drips on holed chipboard will result in something awful pretty fast. You'll need a genuinely waterproof board of some sort.

NT

Reply to
Tabby