2gang socket with USB?

Thanks.

Reply to
S Viemeister

+1

Crabtree is generally a decent make.

Reply to
Tim Watts

As a side note, I read somewhere that there's been an increase in house fires down to all these continuously plugged in device chargers. I'd forgotten that before but that would be my number 1 point now against that socket.

Reply to
Scott M

Interesting - and pretty damning. The samples list doesn't include sample 9, though - the only one with a decentish review!

Reply to
RJH

I'd like to see the source of that data. I'd have guessed fires were the result of poorly designed and manufactured equipment used outside their design brief.

And even then, it'd take quite a combination of circumstances to cause a house fire. And I'd have thought these would be reduced considerably with a device largely enclosed within a wall. A metal back box wouldn't do any harm if you're worried?

Does this little lot: complies with "BS1363, EN60950, EMC, EMI, FCC, CB" count for anything (Toolstation's 13A/USB socket)?

Reply to
RJH

Only if you can get a copy of the actual certs! Otherwise anyone can claim anything...

Reply to
Tim Watts

As is the practice by PLT adapter manufacturers.

Reply to
Johny B Good

Indeed. Some of the better appliance manuals actually have a copy of the certification from body-X (whatever may be relevant) with signature.

Reply to
Tim Watts

If it has an FCC number you should be able to look up the test results online.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Stand corrected - it's there, 4th from the bottom. They don't publish manufacturers/suppliers, and most of those tested and 'failed' are no-name internet sourced. I asked them by email and received full replies within minutes.

Reply to
RJH

Which, if it was made in China or some other places, will be the test results for the sample containing *all* the suppression components required in the initial design that the maker submitted for test.

The one you buy, especially from many overseas based eBay suppliers, will be the "value engineered" version *without* the suppression. Some of them may not even have the mounting holes drilled in the PCB, although the copper layout will be the same.

Reply to
John Williamson

Yep. And since every last damn thing we buy that runs on electrickery comes from China where they're happy to slap compliance stickers on anything that goes through their doors and don't give a rats' chuff about any form of safety, any form of "novelty" product by a non-mainstream manufacturer must be viewed with trepidation.

Reply to
Scott M