20 Mechanical Principles combined in a Useless Lego Machine

popped up in my feed - thought it might amuse some.

Jethro_uk

No Geneva mechanism?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I remember many years ago, a huge machine made from leggo, whose sole purpose was to drop a mint into a bottle of cola and then you got the inevitable spurt. It had rolling pennies and strange turntables and levers all started by a tiny marble at one end. Very strange mind thought it up quite obviously. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

One of the earliest linkages of that general type was James Watt's 'parallel motion', invented in 1784 for his pumping engines.

Chris Hogg

Nice demo, although it is a shame he could not link all of them together into some kind of mechanism where the output of each did something useful. A number just seemed to be waving a stick up and down but with the output from it no used for anything.

Reply to
John Rumm