2' Nails

Hi

Just been wondering what to do with those old junk drill bits. Is there any possible use for 2' nails?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Resharpening drillbits isn't impossible by hand, with a stone.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

two foot nails?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Did it several times just making one hole, using a dangle grinder, so I've no intention of using them again for anything like that. I could resharpen and use them for wood, but I dont have any 2' thick oak beams, so... the bin calls I think.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

| snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote: |> Hi |> |> |> Just been wondering what to do with those old junk drill bits. Is there |> any possible use for 2' nails? | |Resharpening drillbits isn't impossible by hand, with a stone.

It is quite easy with a rotating grindstone.

I was in engineering there were diagrams of the angles for various materials on the walls by grindstones.

Google is surprisingly silent on the subject.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Drive down to your local council tip and put them in the recycling.

WFI.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

That might get me another 0.2 holes per bit, so I think not worth it.

Maybe they would work as cheese drills, and turn cheddar into swiss cheese. But I cant find the right angles for cheese. They would also need flutes to avoid a cheese blockage, so more work. Regrettably I think theyre entirely useless, even if reground.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What was the actual problem with the bits? Can you upload a pic. somewhere? Did the tips disintegrate, or just blunt, or what did happen to them?

Reply to
Chris Bacon