1967 DIY

How to sit in the bath and fit a side panel :-)

George

Things were easier then ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

What - you mean you're not already a member of the Barry Bucknell fan club - shame on you !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andy Hall

Have you completed your Mirror dinghy yet? ;)

Reply to
clot

Ah! The days when DIY programmes showed techniques and not idiots bodging.

Reply to
John

..he he .... I watched all those programs in black & white

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Oy, I wanted to say that!

Graham. %Profound_observation%

Reply to
Graham.

Nope,I was still in my short pants and recollection of TV was Dr Who(John Pertwee) and Coronation St (Ena Sharples & Minnie Caldwell) :-P

Reply to
George

I started one of those.. I gave it up after I still couldn't swim even after lessons. Whoever said everyone floats is a liar.. I can sit on the bottom quite easily.

Reply to
dennis

Argh - the plague to you! How dare you mention Corro! I've just sent a vast number of Neighbours (hood) insects to sort you out. In fun :)

Reply to
clot

They were outdated in 1967. Hardboard too. Remember they put that over proper panelled doors, and put push-click spring ball-locks. Wow! and they thought that was trendy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You forgot to mention the red plastic door handles.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

You rotten fellow, I had forgotten until you mentioned it!

Reply to
clot

Give it a few years and you'll all be putting the hardboard back. It's called 'being a slave to fashion'. Not long now, for my pampas suite to be back in vogue.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Yes, and fitted on a slight angle too

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They were a real bugger to cover in fablon.. only door knobs were more difficult.

Reply to
dennis

That Barry Bucknall had a lot to answer for.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Actually it was this show that started the trend...

George

Yebbut paying top whack for period hardboard to authentically restore it with ;-)

Reply to
John Stumbles