1600 watt halogen heaters

1600 watt halogen heaters like the one below are hard to find. I can't find a single one on Amazon.

They were common a few years ago. Now there's only the odd vendor usually selling at inflated prices.

Is there a safety ban on them?

Reply to
Pamela

I see numerous 3 element ones that are switchable 400/800/1200W, but none with 4 elements.

Andy Burns

I have 1200W and 1600W halogen heaters and both were readily available when I bought them a few eyars ago. Now there are no 1600W ones.

Maybe a new health and safety regulation has come into force?

Reply to
Pamela

maybe they ran out of fake 7A fuses?

Reply to
Andy Burns

They are still easily available for wall mounting. So not quite sure why not free standing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Somebody might put it too near curtains or soft furnishings.

Reply to
Max Demian

I think demand shot through the roof during lockdown when folk were only allowed visitors in their gardens. I know I looked for one at that time and it was clear that prices had quadrupled.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

A few places are still advertising them (limited stock) but perhaps its a supply problem in that they are still delays from China.

The Range

B&M

alan_m