160 DIY articles now

The solution to that would be to require registration with a name to edit. FWLIW I wrote it.

All articles are monitored, but they may not be monitored by the range of people you may wish. It takes time to correct things, since we don't just write or delete things on the spot, but check them out first, as and when tuits show up.

This is the weakness of wiki. If it continues to grow, as more people get more involved corrections will happen quicker. Readers would not be clever to rely 100% on all information on wiki, and of course this is just as true with the net as a whole.

Wiki has strengths as well as weaknesses, and I think its something that will prove useful.

To a lesser extent its true here on ukdiy too. While the expertise here is excellent, it is not perfect, and bad advice does go uncorrected sometimes. And some of that advice could cost people 10s of thousands to fix. But that really is life, there is no source of

100% guaranteed info in the world, all sources have their own problems.

My own personal take is that people are unwise to expect that any info source is perfect, or to imagine life to be risk free, or to think safeguards are as good as they appear. That leads to only one workable approach: taking responsibility for one's own actions.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It won't grow unless you allow it to become a uk.d-i-y wiki. No one is going to put the effort into your personal wiki where you you trash other peoples' contributions (at least, I'm not).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's the Koran Wiki

Reply to