12V circuit breaker - polarity sensitive?

Andy Burns

That seems to be more sensible than the original proposal

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Assuming the battery had enough left for the ignition, simply jack up one front wheel, put it in top gear, and spin the wheel by hand. Worked a treat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Back in the early 80s I had a Mini. One winter I found that if the overnight temperature was much below zero it wouldn't start. I found I didn't have to push it very hard to be able to bump start it - single handed - and it really mattered to me to make the battery last another 6 months. I needed the money.

Then we had snow.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I discovered that with my Mini van too. Until one day it was parked on a steeply camber road, and I couldn't push it away from the kerb between parked cars. Hence the jacking up one wheel trick. The happy days of yoof.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)