110v transformer - output plug type

Got some electrical equipment from the US I want to run...

If I buy the large yellow industrial type transformer, are the outputs on these generally US two pin type?

Reply to
paulfoel

No. They are site transformers and use the appropriate connector for that. Pic here:-

You can buy transformers with US 2 pin outlets, though. But it might be better value to use a site transformer with an adaptor lead or two, if you require that sort of current.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Will the equipment object to 50Hz rather than 60Hz mains?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Before worrying about transformers, check the input requirements of the equipment. Allot of modern electronic stuff will have a switched mode power supply that will automatically adapt to anything in the range 90 -

240V

No, you would need to make an adaptor lead using the proper plug:

John Rumm