Power Jack Problems with Laptop, Especially HP!

Are you having to fiddle around with the DC Plug to get tour laptop to boot up only to make a sudden move and it powers off?

Laptop on your knee, you boot up your laptop only to find halfway through something you move and it powers off.

It is very likely to be the classic power jack problem where the socket solder joint/s has come away from the motherboard circuit board.

The repair in it 'self is quite simple though the laptop needs to be totally stripped down to remove the motherboard and can take about 2 hours.

After hearing feedback of many people with complaints of Hewlet Packard and other repair shops refusing to repair this problem and making up fantasy stories like, You need a new Motherboard and how the board is un repairable etc.

Well so far I have repaired 180+ of these so called non repairable motherboards.

92% of these have been Hewlet Packard.

Anyway if you decide to attempt the job yourself I can help. Visit

the pages are not fully complete and needs a little help.

Alternatively if you live in the UK (Due to postage costs etc.) I can do the repair for you.

Reply to
hp_repair