HP Laptop fan supplier

Does anyone know any suppliers where I'd get a fan (new preferably) for an HP Pavilion G6 laptop?

The fan was full of fluff. You have to dismantle the entire laptop to get the fan from under the motherboard and the blasted thing seems to be knackered. Stupid design.

Reply to
Onetap

Pavilion G6 laptop?

the fan from under the motherboard

It's likely to be a standard fan, so you should be able to pick something up online or even pop into a Maplin or RS once you've got the original out and checked its specs.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Some Ebay traders do brand new ones as well as used.

Reply to
John

On Monday, October 15, 2012 8:06:22 PM UTC+1, John wrote: =20

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

I had hoped to avoid E-bay since, IMHO, the electronics sellers are floggi= ng cheapo Chinese no-name parts.

However, not having found a 'reputable' supplier, I went the E-bay route an= d paid =A316 odd for one from the UK supplier with the highest good/bad feedback ratio.

It arrived next day, with no receipt or advice note; much as I'd suspecte= d.

So, I then went through the routine; keyboard out, HDD, RAM, wireless car= d out, unscrew top cover, disconnect numerous ribbon cables, disconnect power socket, etc., etc., and finally lift motherboard clear.= =20

At which point I noticed I hadn't plugged the fan back in on my previous = visit; probably why it didn't work.=20

Replace motherboard, reconnect power socket, and numerous ribbon cable, e= tc., etc..

The original fan now blows a howling gale through the laptop.

So I'd like to nominate myself for the gold medal in the freestyle stupid= bastard competition for this week.

Any other contenders? =20

=20

Reply to
Onetap

cheapo Chinese no-name parts.

paid £16 odd for one from the UK supplier

out, unscrew top cover, disconnect numerous ribbon cables,

visit; probably why it didn't work.

bastard competition for this week.

At least you can get your £16 back under DSR

Reply to
GB

bastard competition for this week.

Replacing the oil pressure switch which clearly must be broken because the oil pressure is all right. Later realized that it was the "coolant low" light -- adding a cupful fixed that.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer