Can I Run 40:1 Oil In 50:1 Equipment?

Hello, I was wondering if I could run 40:1 gas ratio in a 50:1 gas ratio, my old string trimmer died and that took 40:1. I have 2 gallons of 40:1 gas. I am getting a new string trimmer and blower that takes 50:1, so I was wondering if that would be ok. (By the way I am new to this so I might put this in the wrong category.) -Thanks
On Mon, 02 Jul 2018 21:14:04 GMT, The Newbie
:

Probably do no harm to run on an oilier mix for the first hour or so bedding in, but it will probably coke up if you do it for too long. You can just add more gas/petrol to the 40:1 mix to make it 50:1. I cant remember my arithmatic now but you can work it out, for instance 25:1 >> 40:1 - add petrol to increase volume to 1.6x original volume. C+