Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Problem with tub faucet
I've got a leak in my tub faucet because of the hot water side - the spindle needs to be replaced on the hot water handle. It simply cannot be shut off all the way. A plumber who looked at it said it...
13 years ago 1

Kitchen remodel update & photos
I uploaded a bunch of photos taken as going along in the kitchen remodel = project. So far we have repaired the floor, framed a larger window, = installed receptacle/switch boxes. would greatly...
13 years ago 8

Glow Worm Micron 40ff
Any help ! I have just fitted a new Circuit Board to my Boiler but now it wont fire up. The other board had an intermitent fault , but did fire the boiler up (When it felt like it). It is doing...
13 years ago 1

Problem with tub faucet
I've got a leak in my tub faucet because of the hot water side - the spindle needs to be replaced on the hot water handle. It simply cannot be shut off all the way. A plumber who looked at it said it...
13 years ago 1

Removing gas valves
I need to have a gas pipe cut that protrudes from the wall. Besides = shutting off and bleeding the gas line, are there any guidelines to = follow? (I am hiring a plumber to do this but would like to...
13 years ago 5

Why is there air in my kitchen pipes?
About a month or so ago I noticed that sometimes when I turn on the water in the kitchen I get that popping noise that indicates air in the pipes. Happens for both hot and cold. Doesn't happen...
13 years ago 3

Anything I can pour into water heater that will dissolve deposits?
Is there anything I can pour into a water heater that will dissolve mineral deposits and definitely not damage anything inside the tank? Hopefuly something that will work in a somewhat diluted...
13 years ago 26

Pipe cutter
What do you think about this new pipe cutter? Umm, I think you might be in the business of selling them. Am I wrong?
13 years ago 1

Peerless Kitchen Faucet
I have a 9 year old Peerless kitchen sink faucet. It is a single handle similar to Model P10 on there website. has teak wood on the top middle knob and on the end of the handle. There is a sprayer in...
13 years ago 1

Toilet
I maintain a few apartments. One tenant says that after use of the toilet the contents will not flush..and the bowl fills and overflows unless he plunges right away the it swallows normally. Plumber...
13 years ago 4

Toilet clogs frequently
I know this has been discussed before, and I've done a lot of reading about this problem and some troubleshooting. I'm almost ready to throw the toilets out and buy new ones. I've been in the house...
13 years ago 9

Plumbing Question about Trap Adapters
I am installing a laundry sink in my basement next to my waste ejector. There is a existing 2 inch pvc vertical pipe which drains into the ejector. I would like to tee into this and connect to my sink...
13 years ago

sewer gas
I hope that someone here can give me advise. We can smell sewer gas outside our house. Well, I am not sure if this is our problem or the neighours. The house is build on slap and I can't find any...
13 years ago 1

New Pipe Cutter
Up until now a square cut on a pipe or tube was tough to come by. Now, with the new PCS 8+ or the PCS 14 it is easy, fast and safe. Whether it is any of the plastics to include C-900, copper, cast...
13 years ago

Banging pipes
Hi - I have a pressurised domestic boiler system that seemed to be working fine before I had a house extension and several radiators added. The diverter valve failed once and was replaced and after...
13 years ago