Which Water Heater to buy??

Time for a new water heater. Had a State that lasted 15 years. Have natural gas and only room for a 40 gallon short tank. My options are: John Wood: 1st. hour recovery rate: 75 gallons energy factor: .57 Six year warranty $235

Bradford White: 1st. hour recovery rate: 73 gallons energy factor: .56 Six year warranty $249

Sears PowerMiser 6 (made by State)

1st. hour recovery rate: 67 gallons energy factor: .57 Six year warranty $239

Thanks in advance for your help.......

Reply to
Ski Dog

why not consider tankless??

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

Have a Bradford-White in this house which was never drained or maintained..I've been here 3 years, Heater was installed in 1986 (!!). Only now showing signs of rust.

So, having it replaced tomorrow with another Bradford-White which, with regular drainings may very well last me another 15 years or more.....kinda like urban legends. You can't go wrong with Brandford-White HWH's, or Maytag Appliances ;)

Looked at Tankless heating units.....considerable cost ($1000+) from what I saw, also read in that price range you're talking about 1 or 2 sources at any given time...meaning 1 person taking a shower, with a dishwasher going there might not be hot water for the tap, another shower, etc, etc......gallons per minute issues???...saw about buying 2 systems running in parallel but decided I'd stick with the cheaper, tried-and-true option.

Again, only from what I read about Tankless did I get the above info.

Reply to
HeadRusch

Reply to
Ski Dog