wax rings

I must be doing something wrong. Toilet leaked, replaced wax ring, and still leaks at the floor level. Replaced wax ring again (NO-Seep #3) still leaks... did this 2 more times.. same thing. Lead looks good and brass ring looks good. Leak comes after a flush and sometimes takes a while to flood the floor. Is it possible that the bowl is bad?

Reply to
bobbo

The first thing that came to mind is perhaps there's a leak between the tank and bowl. Are you sure that it's coming from under the toilet? If you're not, then double check this way. Kneel in front of the toilet, and flush, and watch carefully between the tank and bowl. Since water is transparent, sometimes it can fool you.

Since you said it only happens when the toilet is actually flushed, then either the bowl is bad, or there's a leak between the tank and bowl, or you've somehow screwed something else up.

Make sure that it's not really leaking constantly, and that you only notice it when you flush the toilet.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Thanks for the feedback Mike... Isn't coming from the tank/bowl area. Looking down the hole where the lead flange is, there is a hole, about size if a small pinkey, bout 1/2 inch down. I wonder if this needs to be plugged up with lead. Could this be a problem too? I'm ready to buy a new toilet set with the hope that it'll work.

Reply to
bobbo