unlevel toilet

I've installed a toilet on a tile floor. After I had the toilet all installed I then noticed that it was not nearly level enough. I've loosed the two mounting bolts and tried to press the toilet bowl down further on one side to level it out but it will not budge. The toilet is working fine and there is no leaks and it does not wobble. I fear it may develop a leak later and it just doesn't look right.

Is there such a thing as putting in some kind of shim to level out the toilet? I can't see what is causing it to be not level unless the tile is not level around the toilet flange. But, it didn't look bad to me when I checked it before installing the toilet.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Jason Wichita,KS.

Reply to
Jason

On 2 Feb 2004 20:36:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Jason) wrote: Yeah, you can buy little plastic shims at just about any supply house. I personally keep scrap sheet lead on my truck. You can hammer sheet lead to whatever thickness you need and get a shim that is perfectly sized. Treat your toilet like glass when installing shims. Just make sure you have even support and not a high spot where you've inserted a shim. Also, once you have the toilet where you want it, use some caulk (I prefer the white tub & tile caulk, but you can get colors if you want a better match for your floor.) and caulk around the bottom where the bowl contacts the floor. This will give a little extra support if you squeeze in some extra to fill the voids. It will also hide those ugly shims. It's also required by code

Reply to
Blackbeard

if you start over put a level on the floor,all ok, set your bowl put level on bowl,if out of level try to shim it up. set tank and check tank with level.quality control is not what it used to be,have seen many warped tanks,bowls

Reply to
jim donovan