thermal expansion

I'm seeking advice on the proper sized expansion tank for my existing hot water tank. I have a 50 gal gas water heater. My pressure ranges from 40 psi to 100+ increasing after showers, dishwasher use, etc.

Can anyone help?

Also, how is the proper charge determined?

Thanks

Reply to
news reader

Here's all you want and need to know about thermal expansion and expansion tanks...

justalurker